1.1 “Service Provider” shall mean Pacific Bathroom Products Pty Ltd and its successors and assigns.
1.2 “Customer” shall mean the Customer or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of the Customer.
- “Guarantor” means that person (or persons), or entity who agrees herein to be liable for the debts of the Customer on a principal debtor basis.
- “Goods” shall mean Goods supplied by the Service Provider to the Customer (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Services as hereinafter defined).
- “Services” shall mean all services supplied by the Service Provider to the Customer and includes any advice or recommendations (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Goods as defined supra).
- “Price” shall mean the cost of the Goods as agreed between the Service Provider and the Customer subject to clause 4 of this contract.
- Any instructions received by the Service Provider from the Customer for the supply of Goods and/or the Customer’s acceptance of Goods supplied by the Service Provider shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Where more than one Customer has entered into this agreement, the Customer’s shall be jointly and severally liable for all payments of the Price.
- Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions by the Customer the terms and conditions are irrevocable and can only be rescinded in accordance with these terms and conditions or with the written consent of the manager of the Service Provider.
- None of the Service Provider’s agents or representatives are authorised to make any representations, statements, conditions or agreements not expressed by the manager of the Service Provider in writing nor is the Service Provider bound by any such unauthorised statements.
- The Customer undertakes to give the Service Provider not less than fourteen (14) days prior written notice of any proposed change in the Customer’s name and/or any other change in the Customer’s details (including but not limited to, changes in the Customer’s address, facsimile number, or business practice).
- Goods / Services
- The Goods / Services are as described on the invoices, quotation, work authorisation or any other work commencement forms as provided by the Service Provider to the Customer.
- Price And Payment
- The Price shall be the Service Provider’s quoted Price (subject to clause 4.2) which shall be binding upon the Service Provider provided that the Customer shall accept in writing the Service Provider’s quotation within thirty (30) days.
- Any variation from the plan of scheduled works or specifications will be charged for on the basis of the Service Provider’s quotation and will be shown as variations on the invoice. Payment for all variations must be made in full at their time of completion.
- Time for payment for the Goods shall be of the essence and will be stated on the invoice, quotation or any other order forms. If no time is stated then payment shall due thirty (30) days following the date of the invoice.
- Payment will be made by cash on delivery, or by cheque, or by bank cheque, or by direct credit, or by any other method as agreed to between the Customer and the Service Provider.
- The Price shall be increased by the amount of any GST and other taxes and duties which may be applicable, except to the extent that such taxes are expressly included in any quotation given by the Service Provider.
- Delivery Of Goods / Services
- Delivery of the Goods shall be made to the Customer’s address. The Customer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
- The Customer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the goods or service whenever they are tendered for delivery. In the event that the Customer is unable or fails to take delivery of the goods or service as arranged then the Customer shall be liable for any loss incurred by the Service Provider (including, but not limited to, any loss of profits) and the Service Provider shall be entitled to charge the nominated fee for redelivery.
- The failure of the Service Provider to deliver shall not entitle either party to treat this contract as repudiated.
- The Service Provider shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatever due to failure by the Service Provider to deliver the Goods / Services (or any of them) promptly or at all.
- If the Service Provider retains property in the Goods nonetheless, all risk for the Goods passes to the Customer on delivery.
- If any of the Goods are damaged or destroyed prior to property in them passing to the Customer, the Service Provider is entitled, without prejudice to any of its other rights or remedies under these Terms and Conditions of Trade (including the right to receive payment of the balance of the Price for the Goods), to receive all insurance proceeds payable for the Goods. This applies whether or not the Price has become payable under the Contract. The production of these terms and conditions by the Service Provider is sufficient evidence of the Service Provider’s rights to receive the insurance proceeds without the need for any person dealing with the Service Provider to make further enquiries.
- Customer’s Disclaimer
- The Customer hereby disclaims any right to rescind, or cancel the contract or to sue for damages or to claim restitution arising out of any misrepresentation made to him by any servant or agent of the Service Provider and the Customer acknowledges that he buys the Goods / Services relying solely upon his own skill and judgement and that the Service Provider shall not be bound by nor responsible for any term, condition, representation or warranty other than the warranty given by the manufacturer of the goods which warranty shall be personal to the Customer and shall not be transferable to any subsequent Customer.
- Defects / Returns
- The Customer shall inspect the Goods / Services on delivery and shall within seven (7) days of delivery notify the Service Provider of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description or quote. The Customer shall afford the Service Provider an opportunity to inspect the Goods / Services within a reasonable time following delivery if the Customer believes the Goods / Services are defective in any way. If the Customer shall fail to comply with these provisions, the Goods / Services shall be conclusively presumed to be in accordance with the terms and conditions and free from any defect or damage.
- For defective Goods / Services, which the Service Provider has agreed in writing that the Customer is entitled to reject, the Service Provider’s liability is limited to replacing the Goods / Services provided that the Customer has complied with the provisions of clause 8.1.
- Manufacturers Warranty
- For Goods not manufactured by the Service Provider, the warranty shall be the current warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Goods. The Service Provider shall be under no liability whatsoever, except for the express conditions as detailed and stipulated in the manufacturers warranty.
- The Commonwealth Trade Practices Act 1974 and Fair Trading Acts
10.1 Nothing in this agreement is intended to have the effect of contracting out of any applicable provisions of the Commonwealth Trade Practices Act 1974 or the Fair Trading Acts in each of the States and Territories of Australia, except to the extent permitted by those Acts where applicable.
11. Default & Consequences Of Default
- Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due daily until the date of payment at a rate of 2.5% compounding per calendar month and shall accrue at such a rate after as well as before any judgement.
- If the Customer defaults in payment of any invoice when due, the Customer shall indemnify the Service Provider from and against all the Service Provider’s costs and disbursements including on a solicitor and own client basis and in addition all of the Service Provider’s nominees costs of collection.
- Without prejudice to any other remedies the Service Provider may have, if at any time the Customer is in breach of any obligation (including those relating to payment), the Service Provider may suspend or terminate the supply of Goods to the Customer and any of its other obligations under the terms and conditions. The Service Provider will not be liable to the Customer for any loss or damage the Customer suffers because the Service Provider exercised its rights under this clause.
- If any account remains unpaid at the end of the second month after supply of the Goods or Services an immediate amount of the greater of $20.00 or 10.00% of the amount overdue shall be levied for administration fees which sum shall become immediately due and payable.
- In the event that:
- any money payable to the Service Provider becomes overdue, or in the Service Provider’s opinion the Customer will be unable to meet its payments as they fall due; or
- the Customer becomes insolvent, convenes a meeting with its creditors or proposes or enters into an arrangement with creditors, or makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or
- a receiver, manager, liquidator (provisional or otherwise) or similar person is appointed in respect of the Customer or any asset of the Customer;
then without prejudice to the Service Provider’s other remedies at law
(i) the Service Provider shall be entitled to cancel all or any part of any order of the Customer which remains unperformed in addition to and without prejudice to any other remedies; and
- all amounts owing to the Service Provider shall, whether or not due for payment, immediately become payable in addition to the interest payable under clause 12.1 hereof.
12.1 It is the intention of the Service Provider and agreed by the Customer that property in the Goods shall not pass until:
- The Customer has paid all amounts owing for the particular Goods, and
- The Customer has met all other obligations due by the Customer to the Service Provider in respect of all contracts between the Service Provider and the Customer, and that the Goods shall be kept separate until the Service Provider shall have received payment and all other obligations of the Customer are met.
- It is further agreed that:
- Until such time as ownership of the Goods shall pass from the Service Provider to the Customer the Service Provider may give notice in writing to the Customer to return the Goods or any of them to the Service Provider. Upon such notice the rights of the Customer to obtain ownership or any other interest in the Goods shall cease.
- If the Customer fails to return the Goods to the Service Provider then the Service Provider or the Service Provider’s agent may enter upon and into land and premises owned, occupied or used by the Customer, or any premises as the invitee of the Customer, where the Goods are situated and take possession of the Goods, without being responsible for any damage thereby caused.
- The Customer is only a bailee of the Goods and until such time as the Service Provider has received payment in full for the Goods then the Customer shall hold any proceeds from the sale or disposal of the Goods on trust for the Service Provider.
- The Customer shall not deal with the money of the Service Provider in any way which may be adverse to the Service Provider.
- Receipt by the Service Provider of any form of payment other than cash shall not be deemed to be payment until that form of payment has been honoured, cleared or recognised and until then the Service Provider’s ownership of rights in respect of the Goods shall continue.
- The Customer shall not charge the Goods in any way nor grant nor otherwise give any interest in the Goods while they remain the property of the Service Provider.
- The Service Provider may require payment of the Price or the balance of the Price due together with any other amounts due from the Customer to the Service Provider arising out of these terms and conditions, and the Service Provider may take any lawful steps to require payment of the amounts due and the Price.
- The Service Provider can issue proceedings to recover the Price of the Goods sold notwithstanding that ownership of the Goods may not have passed to the Customer.
- Until such time the Customer has the Service Provider’s authority to convert the goods into other products and if the goods are so converted, the parties agree that the Service Provider will be the owner of the end products.
- Security And Charge
13.1 Despite anything to the contrary contained herein or any other rights which the Service Provider may have howsoever:
- Where the Customer and/or the Guarantor (if any) is the owner of land, realty or any other asset capable of being charged, both the Customer and/or the Guarantor agree to mortgage and/or charge all of their joint and/or several interest in the said land, realty or any other asset to the Service Provider or the Service Provider’s nominee to secure all amounts and other monetary obligations payable under the terms and conditions. The Customer and/or the Guarantor acknowledge and agree that the Service Provider (or the Service Provider’s nominee) shall be entitled to lodge where appropriate a caveat, which caveat shall be released once all payments and other monetary obligations payable hereunder have been met.
- Should the Service Provider elect to proceed in any manner in accordance with this clause and/or its sub-clauses, the Customer and/or Guarantor shall indemnify the Service Provider from and against all the Service Provider’s costs and disbursements including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis.
- To give effect to the provisions of clause [14.1 (a) and (b)] inclusive hereof the Customer and/or the Guarantor (if any) do hereby irrevocably nominate constitute and appoint the Service Provider or the Service Provider’s nominee as the Customer’s and/or Guarantor’s true and lawful attorney to execute mortgages and charges (whether registerable or not) including such other terms and conditions as the Service Provider and/or the Service Provider’s nominee shall think fit in his/her/its/their absolute discretion against the joint and/or several interest of the Customer and/or the Guarantor in any land, realty or asset in favour of the Service Provider and in the Customer’s and/or Guarantor’s name as may be necessary to secure the said Customer’s and/or Guarantor’s obligations and indebtedness to the Service Provider and further to do and perform all necessary and other acts including instituting any necessary legal proceedings, and further to execute all or any documents in the Service Provider’s absolute discretion which may be necessary or advantageous to give effect to the provisions of this clause.
- The Service Provider may cancel these terms and conditions or cancel delivery of Goods or services at any time before the Goods are delivered by giving written notice. The Service Provider shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatever arising from such cancellation.
- In the event that the Customer cancels delivery of the goods or service without notice the customer shall be liable for any loss incurred by the Service Provider (including, but not limited to, any loss of profits) up to the time of cancellation.
- Such cancellation must be in writing and received at our office twenty-four (24) hours prior to the agreed delivery date
- Privacy Act 1988
- The Customer and/or the Guarantor/s agree for the Service Provider to obtain from a credit-reporting agency a credit report containing personal credit information about the Customer and Guarantor/s in relation to credit provided by the Service Provider.
- The Customer and/or the Guarantor/s agree that the Service Provider may exchange information about Customer and Guarantor/s with those credit providers named in the Application for Credit account or named in a consumer credit report issued by a reporting agency for the following purposes:
- To assess an application by Customer;
- To notify other credit providers of a default by the Customer;
- To exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of this credit account, where the Customer is in default with other credit providers; and
- To assess the credit worthiness of Customer and/or Guarantor/s.
- The Customer consents to the Service Provider being given a consumer credit report to collect overdue payment on commercial credit (Section 18K(1)(h) Privacy Act 1988).
- The Customer agrees that Personal Data provided may be used and retained by the Service Provider for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between the Customer and Service Provider or required by law from time to time:
- provision of Services & Goods;
- marketing of Services and/or Goods by the Service Provider, its agents or distributors in relation to the Services and Goods;
- analysing, verifying and/or checking the Customer’s credit, payment and/or status in relation to provision of Services/Goods;
- processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by Customer; and
- enabling the daily operation of Customer’s account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in the Customer’s account in relation to the Services and Goods.
- The Service Provider may give, information about the Customer to a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- to obtain a consumer credit report about the Customer; and or
- allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about the Customer.
16.1 If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.
16.2 All Goods / Services supplied by the Service Provider are subject to the laws of Victoria and the Service Provider takes no responsibility for changes in the law which affect the Goods / Services supplied.
16.3 The Service Provider shall be under no liability whatever to the Customer for any indirect loss and/or expense (including loss of profit) suffered by the Customer arising out of a breach by the Service Provider of these terms and conditions.
16.4 In the event of any breach of this contract by the Service Provider the remedies of the Customer shall be limited to damages. Under no circumstances shall the liability of the Service Provider exceed the Price of the Goods / Services.
16.5 The Customer shall not set off against the Price amounts due from the Service Provider.
16.6 The Service Provider may license or sub-contract all or any part of its rights and obligations without the Customer’s consent.
16.7 The Service Provider reserves the right to review these terms and conditions at any time and from time to time. If, following any such review, there is to be any change in such terms and conditions, that change will take effect from the date on which the Service Provider notifies the Customer of such change.
16.8 Neither party shall be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, terrorism, strike, lock out, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, storm or other event beyond the reasonable control of either party.